So God Made a Farmer. Dodge Superbowl Ad.

by
image

My favorite two farmers, My husband and his Father.

So God Made a Farmer. 2013 Dodge Superbowl Commercial. Read by Paul Harvey.

When I hear Paul Harvey read this I get a little misty eyed.

I hope I do my job as a caretaker of the animals and the land well enough so that when it’s time for me to leave this earth someone will read this at my funeral.

All I want is to be a good farmer. The kind of farmer that Paul Harvey describes here.

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY0sENZcnM8?rel=0&w=640&h=360%5D

Thank you Dodge for using your Superbowl ad to honor farmers.

19 Comments on So God Made a Farmer. Dodge Superbowl Ad.

1. Carrie
    February 4, 2013 at 2:12 am (6 years ago)

And thanks to Ram Trucks for donating up to $1 million to FFA for every time this video is viewed!

2. Erma McGill
    February 4, 2013 at 1:50 pm (6 years ago)

Wonderful commercial. Now go buy a dodge to say thank you.
    Nebraska Farm Bureau Members thank you.

3. Cyndy Carroll
    February 18, 2013 at 2:51 pm (6 years ago)

Everyone should also check out “So God Made A Factory Farmer!” This one hits home much more than the original Dodge commercial. This other video is soooooo true! BTW, I am a farmer who follows the gold standard in animal care — Animal Welfare Approved.

• dairycarrie
      February 18, 2013 at 3:26 pm (6 years ago)

Cyndy,
      I have to be honest, I didn’t really want to approve your comment on my page because I feel like your message here is a huge part of what is wrong in our industry. It’s going to take all of us to produce the food that we will need. Why should one side of agriculture be bashing the other side? You are totally entitled to farm the way you choose. As am I. So long as we are all treating our animals with care and respecting the land that we are stewards of we are free to choose the methods of production that best reach our goals. Tearing one side down only gives all of us a black eye. We are all in this together. Please think about it before you bash your neighbors and peers.

• Cyndy Carroll
        February 18, 2013 at 3:34 pm (6 years ago)

Hi Carrie,

I respect your comment, but on the “God Made A Factory Farmer”, just the photo of all the chickens jammed into the chicken house is not good farming — this is factory farming and the farmers who do this do not really care about the animals. My biggest beef with this commercial was the comment about subsidies. I am personally bashing the way you farm, I just believe that some farmers really don’t care about their animals. Like I said, I’m for Animal Welfare, I am not one of those animal activists who believe everyone should be a vegan. I did appreciate your commenting on that animal rights video regarding the dairy cows. Everything you said did make sense, but the problem is that there are many workers in the animal industry who do not care about their charges and do abuse and torture them. It really is a shame. This is what really gives the industry a bad name. I am all for agriculture, but lots of farmers just don’t want to look into other ways of farming that not only benefits their animals, but benefits their land also.

• dairycarrie
          February 18, 2013 at 3:46 pm (6 years ago)

I understand what you are saying I really do. But please understand what I am saying. Saying that many farm workers abuse animals or lots of farmers don’t look into better ways of farming for their animals just isn’t true. Yes abuse happens, yes some guys don’t care but it is a very small percentage of the overall population. I am glad you are working so hard to achieve what you want out of your business but as I said, tearing down others isn’t helping anyone. By the way, the video is my video and the cows in it are on our farm. Many would have you think that we are a factory farm because our girls live in a barn. Many people would say that we are inhumane because we feed them corn, even though it is a small amount of their total diet. Let’s support each other in feeding the world instead of trying to take each other out.

• Cyndy Carroll
          February 18, 2013 at 3:56 pm (6 years ago)

Carrie,

I do respect what you do with your animals. Unfortunately, I have seen my share of the “bad guys” of farming, but I do agree with you. As to feeding the world, we need to teach the other people in the world to learn how to farm for themselves, so they are more self-sufficient for themselves. Let’s all leave the big agribusinesses, i.e., Monsanto, out of this. Do love your girls though! BTW, my new favorite program is “The Incredible Dr. Pol” on Nat Geo Wild. Really interesting, he does a lot of farm calls that have dairy and beef cattle. Great show.

4. Cyndy Carroll
    February 18, 2013 at 3:36 pm (6 years ago)

Oops, Carrie, please note that I meant to say “NOT Bashing the way you farm”. Sorry for that mistake! I’m trying to type and do paperwork at the same time — BAD idea.