We’re going on a date tonight.

by
Last load of corn silage to the bagger. #harve...

Last load of corn silage to the bagger for the day.

A few weeks ago Hubs was cursing at the top of his lungs at our bagger (The piece of machinery that puts the feed we chop into the long white plastic tubes that you see), it had busted again. The bagger busting again made him swear but the volume and creativity to his outburst came from the fact that he had managed to drop a small but very important part on the ground and was unable to find it.

While he was yelling I was catching up on Facebook and waiting for the bagger to be fixed so I could unload my wagon into it, when I saw this post-

Corb Lund is one of Hub’s favorites and we have never seen him live. He’s from Alberta and doesn’t tour in our area often.

I bought tickets.

And cautiously approached the bagger and Hubs to surprise him.

I got a smile when I told him. That was pretty huge all things considered.

Tonight we are going to Shank Hall in Milwaukee to see the show. We have everyone in place to milk the cows and feed the calves. If everything goes right, we might leave the farm in time to have dinner at a place that doesn’t have a drive thru on the way into Milwaukee. Or it might be a shower to get the cow poop off, throw some clothes on and hit a fast food place on the way kind of night. Either way, tonight is date night and I am excited! Tomorrow morning will come too early but we’re going to worry about that tomorrow.

I thought I would share a little of Corb’s music with you guys.  Enjoy my playlist!

8 Comments on We’re going on a date tonight.

1. mattmoehr
    November 12, 2013 at 12:38 pm (5 years ago)

Isn’t Corb also known for having a ranch up there in Alberta? What’s he doing with the cows while he’s on tour? Also the stars and stripe sweater wearing guy in Bible on the Dash is Hayes Carll who puts on a pretty good show too. Enjoy!

• dairycarrie
      November 12, 2013 at 12:47 pm (5 years ago)

I’m fairly certain he has good help caring for his cows. We love Hayes Carll too. Lot’s of fun for those guys to be together.

• the south dakota cowgirl
      November 12, 2013 at 3:06 pm (5 years ago)

Depending on his operation and the time of year it is, ranchers don’t need folks to care for their cows. They go and do on their own. That’s part of what ranchers expect cattle to do.

2. Sarah [NurseLovesFarmer.com]
    November 12, 2013 at 1:13 pm (5 years ago)

Have fun we LOVE Corb Lund as fellow Albertans. He’s even played our small town bar and rodeo when he wasn’t that big yet!

3. swajgermon
    November 15, 2013 at 5:44 am (5 years ago)

We had date night Tuesday – no shower, gum boots still on hubby – I at least changed into thongs – and did the drive thru-sit in carpark and eat date! Was nice! But yours would be heaps better. We saw Corb Lund here a few years (7) ago. Brilliant! Hope you had fun and nothing went wrong on the farm.

4. stuckinaspringfieldrut
    November 18, 2013 at 2:43 pm (5 years ago)

This is awesome, I am one of the students you talked to last Thursday and I really appreciated you taking the time out of your busy schedule. I appreciated you talking about how you blog about other things not just Ag related or serious stuff at times, much like this post. I really helps tell your own story and it has opened new ideas up for my to share in my own blog. Thank you so much and I hope you continue to talk to our class in the future.

• dairycarrie
      November 18, 2013 at 2:45 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks! My blog is about my life and my life is more than just cows and farm!.