Peanut butter and chocolate banana bread, Elvis would have loved these loaves! This recipe makes four tasty and moist loaves that will keep you coming back for more.
I apologize now if you are one of those people that hates the word moist… crap I did it again… Moving on! A not so secret dairy delicious ingredient makes this recipe one you’ll love because it’s super MOIST! (Unless you’re Hubs, who has informed me that he doesn’t like peanut butter, chocolate and bananas together. But what does he know anyways?) If you have a person lacking the ability to appreciate the awesomeness that is sweet and salty banana goodness in this recipe in your home, you can leave out the peanut butter and chocolate and still have a damn fine banana bread recipe. You can also consider kicking that person out of your life, I won’t judge you for it.
I don’t have milk on the ingredient list but you’re going to want to make sure you have a gallon or two in the fridge. This tasty treat goes best with a tall glass of cold milk!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Banana Bread
3/4 cup Butter- softened
2 1/2 cup White sugar
6 Very ripe bananas
1 1/4 cup Sour Cream
2tsp Vanilla extract
2tsp ground cinnamon
3tsp Baking soda
4 1/2 cup All purpose flour
1 cup Crunchy peanut butter
1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325
- Lightly butter 4 loaf pans
- In a small bowl mash bananas with a fork until only small chunks remain.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon and mix.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda. Mix until batter is mostly uniform.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat the peanut butter in 30 second increments until it’s soft.
- Divide half of the batter between the four pans. Pour 1/4 cup of melted peanut butter over the batter in each pan. Top with the rest of the batter.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the loaf comes out clean.
This bread is delicious served warm with a smear of butter and a tall glass of cold milk.
You might also like my quick and easy fruit coffee cake recipe.