Looking for something?

Reader Interactions

Comments

1. bluemoonpastures says

Hang in there! I know exactly how you feel. Hubby was in a motorcycle accident a year ago and me and the 8 month old lived with him in the hospital. Then he had a huge surgery in June for bladder cancer. Years like that give us a lot of unwanted wisdom, don’t they!? I hope things calm down for you and life goes more smoothly 🙂

2. Jennifer says

Thanks for sharing your journey. Since you know the highlights of mine I’ll share one of my favorite verses that I’ve held close to my heart. Romans 8:28 In all things God works for the good of those who love Him and have been called according to His purpose.

3. Sharlene Bakula Gomes says

I think you are a warrior of the first degree and married into a family of warriors. Can you imagine how Silas will turn out? He will rule the world!! Prayers and hugs for all of you for carrying (Carrie..ing) on.

4. Kelly M. Rivard (@KMRivard) says

You and your family are the embodiment of resilience. I am so honored to call you a friend and proud of everything you’ve conquered. This story is nothing short of inspirational, and while I know you have a long way to go, I have no doubts that everything will work out. Hang in there!

5. Dale Odden says

I’ve been wondering what happened to you. Glad you are back. Yep, things can change. But God never does. He loves us no matter what. Bless you and your family.

6. Crystal Kellner says

I am glad I was able to hear you speak in Indiana in 2015. You were very inspiring.Thank you for always sharing your story with us, even the hard ones! Prayers to you and your family!

7. Olivia says

All those complications and so much stress and you still managed to speak, etc… I would say you did handle pregnancy like a champ! Your newborn photos are adorable. Congratulations and good luck in adjusting to your new normal!

8. katpinke says

Mess family, you’ve survived a storm, probably still feeling like you’re in it but I am thankful for the grit you each have to get through these trying times and enjoy the blessing of Cathy’s life being saved and the gift of Silas! Beautiful family. Congrats and will continue to pray.

9. Mary Neviska says

God has blessed you big this year! Your son is beautiful. Good luck. Prayers for your mother in law

10. Darcy says

Oh my – what a summer. First – big kudos to everyone for pulling through! And your new son is beautiful – he definitely was born into a strong family. Hope everything from here on out is on the up and up!

11. Abby says

Wow! You are incredibly strong. May God bless your family and keep you strong in your family struggles. May you continue to farm and do what you love for ages to come.

12. Stephany N says

Reading this made me cry! You are such a strong family.. praying that God will help you all find your new “normals.” No one knows the path he will lead you on.. just know he is there watching out for you all!

13. mldaubin says

Welcome to the world Silas- Congratulations on making it through all the trials of this past summer- and best thoughts and wishes for Cathy’s surgery and recovery. I look forward to following your future farmer!

14. Clare Colella says

Thank you for the history /story! You are such an awesome woman and a blessing for our family, Carrie. Wish I could be out there but Phil gets to share it all directly! Continue to take good care of each other! Love ou!